Monday, August 10, 2009

July 26th, 2009

Okay, I got a little behind with the blog. That's what happens when you work 17 days straight, with 9 of those days being morning trips AND night trips. So the next few blogs are a little spotty, but I'm going to get caught up so I can get back on track, blogging daily. 
Mike, Theresa and Linda are here! haven't seen the Smith's from Ohio in two years! We missed you guys! Theresa, if you read this blog for the dates you were here, please feel free to fill in the gaps! 
We did Golden Arches again, because I really wanted to show M,T and L the two frog fish we found yesterday. I wasn't really expecting to find either one, and we found BOTH! The black one was near where it was yesterday and the big grey one was about 20 feet from where it was yesterday also. (by the way, I'm writing this on 10th of August, and we haven't seen either one ever since. My point is, you have to enjoy and appreciate every moment, you never know when it may be your only chance to see a particular animal)
Another highlight for me was the two White Stripe Urchin Shrimp, which were on the spiny urchin that the black frog fish was hiding under. They are awesome! Purple with a white stripe down the middle of their back, these two were the biggest I've ever seen, almost two inches long. We did another dive after that, (Theresa... help! I know your detailed log is filled with every critter found!) followed by a Manta Dive at night, there were over a half dozen rays. Aloha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home